1. Eligibility: This contest is open only to those who submit an entry at cheezoo.com/photo-contest and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. No previous winners will be allowed to enter within 30 days of winning a prize from Cheezoo. Professional photographers (i.e., individuals who own a photography business or are paid for serving as a photographer in a professional manner) are not eligible to enter. The contest is only open to legal residents of The United States of America and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Cheezoo, Photographer’s Edit, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the contest. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agrees to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Cheezoo as final and binding as it relates to the content of this contest.
3. Entry Requirements: All entries to the Phone Photography Contest (“contest”) must be original photographs taken by You. All photographs submitted to the contest must be taken using the camera on a smartphone. Any photos submitted that were not captured by a smartphone will be disqualified. The following will not be allowed, and the images will be disqualified:
• Images depicting smoking, drinking, or drug use
• Sexually provocative images
• Images created with AI or graphic design software
Cheezoo reserves the right to refuse any entry at our discretion.
4. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting April 10, 2023 at 9:00am EST and ending April 21, 2023 at 5:00pm EST. All photos must be uploaded and received by April 21, 2023 at 5:00pm EST.
5. How to Enter: The contest must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at Cheezoo.com/contest. The entry must fulfill all contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Cheezoo. You may submit 1 entry per person. You must provide the information requested on the entry form. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Cheezoo.
6. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the contest will receive the following cash prizes: 1st place – $500; 2nd place – $250; 3rd place – $100. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Cheezoo. No other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Cheezoo’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Cheezoo to use the Winners’ names, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
7. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. Winner Selection and Notification: Winners will be selected by online vote under the supervision of Cheezoo. Winners will be notified by email within five (5) days following the close of the contest. Cheezoo shall have no liability for the Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for the Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winners cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 7 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by the Winners of the prize offered in this contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY THE WINNER (AT CHEEZOO‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN THE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
9. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., submitting a photo into the contest), You understand and agree that Cheezoo, anyone acting on behalf of Cheezoo, and Cheezoo’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to use the photo submitted for the purposes of promotion of Cheezoo, and/or this Contest through social media channels, on our website, or in promotional emails. Image credit will be given to You when the image is used for such promotion. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Cheezoo. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Cheezoo from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Cheezoo may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
10. Terms & Conditions: Cheezoo reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Cheezoo’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the contest. In such case, Cheezoo may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Cheezoo. Cheezoo reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Cheezoo has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Cheezoo reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Cheezoo and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the promotion or the processing of entries.
12. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF The United States, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. The contest hosted by Cheezoo is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Google, TikTok or any other entity.
We’ll have a directory of verified, affordable photographers ready for you soon! 😊